Wednesday, February 06, 2008

I Did My Part

I think Barack Obama showed very well in yesterday's Super Tuesday elections across America. He had some very large victories and even in most of the states he did not win, he finished a close second. The delegate totals are tight (MSNBC is reporting Obama 838 to HRC 834) and this long nomination process will continue.

I am disappointed that Obama did not do better in California, although he was very far behind in the polls until a little over a week ago. I know I did my part to help him win. I made hundreds of phone calls, talked to many people in person, volunteered and attended many events and even held a small visibility and get-out-the-vote rally in my own precinct on Monday. I convinced 12 first time voters and 1 disenchanted older voter to vote for Obama.

I am glad to see that Obama carried San Francisco:

San Francisco

Candidate

Votes

% of votes

Barack Obama

88,886

52%

Hillary Clinton

75,341

44%

John Edwards

3,715

2%

100% of precincts reporting

source: MSNBC.com


I did what I could do. I did my part. Now it's up to you who live in the next states to vote to do yours. You can start here.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Lima, Ohio, United States
I was born and raised in Ohio. I am a lifelong Catholic Christian who has always been interested in the big questions of life. I have a passion for learning especially Philosophy, Science, Religion, History and Culture. I graduated from the University of Toledo in 2001 with a B.A. in International Relations. I married my soul-mate, Jen in 2001 and we moved to rural Tanigumi-mura Japan where we taught English for 3 years. We moved to California and lived in San Francisco and the Bay Area for 4 years. Tired of sitting on the sidelines, I began volunteering for the Barack Obama campaign in March of 2007 and was eventually hired as a Field Organizer. Through the Obama campaign, I found my calling and moved back to Ohio to continue organizing. In 2009 I helped the field operations of the Keith Wilkowski for Mayor of Toledo race. After that, I was hired as a Regional Field Director for 15 northwestern and north central Ohio counties for the 2010 Democratic Coordinated Campaign. Jen and I are continuing to volunteer as we wait for the next organizing opportunity to present itself.