Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Who am I?

Sorry it’s been so long since my last posting. I will try to keep my blog more up to date in the future.

I thought I would begin 2006 by posting a few “tests” that may shed some light on who I am and from where I am coming. I’ll start with the “What is your world view?” test.
This was an interesting little test. I was quite happy to hear that I correspond exactly with the Cultural Creative model. I did wonder though about what I and Fundamentalists share in common. Without knowing the specific workings of this test, I have a few educated guesses. I answered that we must look to the past in order to progress. That may be something with which many fundamentalists would agree. But I answered in this fashion because I feel that one does need to look back to see where one has come from to ensure one does not move in a circle back to the past and repeat mistakes. Seeing where one has come from provides an invaluable benchmark to determine where one may be in the future. Other than that, I’d be hard pressed to figure out why I scored so high on the fundamentalist category.


You scored as Cultural Creative. Cultural Creatives are probably the newest group to enter this realm. You are a modern thinker who tends to shy away from organized religion but still feels as if there is something greater than ourselves. You are very spiritual, even if you are not religious. Life has a meaning outside of the rational.

Cultural Creative


100%

Existentialist


75%

Postmodernist


63%

Idealist


50%

Modernist


38%

Fundamentalist


31%

Romanticist


31%

Materialist


13%

What is Your World View? (updated)
created with QuizFarm.com

3 comments:

Dave Llorito said...

So who are you? And why are we here? Are we stewards of this earth or we to destroy it?

Matt said...

Who am I? Well this last posting was but a mere start. It is an iterative process, akin to peeling away layers of an onion. Each answer gives one insight, but always the answers are phenomena, not noumena. The answers are manifestations, shadows, if your will, of the essence. I will continue the process in future posts.

As to your question - I hope the former is true and that the later is will not happen.

Jim Macdonald said...

Hey Matt, my scores were very similar here to yours with 100% in the highest category but 0% in the materialist. This one I found much more straightforward. Some of those quizzes are simply screwy, but this was one of the better ones.

About Me

My photo
Lima, Ohio, United States
I was born and raised in Ohio. I am a lifelong Catholic Christian who has always been interested in the big questions of life. I have a passion for learning especially Philosophy, Science, Religion, History and Culture. I graduated from the University of Toledo in 2001 with a B.A. in International Relations. I married my soul-mate, Jen in 2001 and we moved to rural Tanigumi-mura Japan where we taught English for 3 years. We moved to California and lived in San Francisco and the Bay Area for 4 years. Tired of sitting on the sidelines, I began volunteering for the Barack Obama campaign in March of 2007 and was eventually hired as a Field Organizer. Through the Obama campaign, I found my calling and moved back to Ohio to continue organizing. In 2009 I helped the field operations of the Keith Wilkowski for Mayor of Toledo race. After that, I was hired as a Regional Field Director for 15 northwestern and north central Ohio counties for the 2010 Democratic Coordinated Campaign. Jen and I are continuing to volunteer as we wait for the next organizing opportunity to present itself.