Sunday, January 27, 2008

Obama Wins Landslide Victory in South Carolina!

Barack Obama won by a huge margin in the February 26 Democratic primary in South Carolina. I am so happy by his victory and hope this will help us on February 5th when many more states hold their primaries on Super Tuesday. Barack Obama's message of hope for a better future seems to be catching on and people are rejecting the policies of dirty politics and polarization. Here is Obama's victory speech:


I was also very pleased to learn that Caroline Kennedy has endorsed Barack Obama in the New York Times entitled "A President Like My Father". Powerful words indeed. Read the whole piece here.

In another positive development, the San Francisco Chronicle has endorsed Barack Obama for President as well. Read their endorsement here.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Lima, Ohio, United States
I was born and raised in Ohio. I am a lifelong Catholic Christian who has always been interested in the big questions of life. I have a passion for learning especially Philosophy, Science, Religion, History and Culture. I graduated from the University of Toledo in 2001 with a B.A. in International Relations. I married my soul-mate, Jen in 2001 and we moved to rural Tanigumi-mura Japan where we taught English for 3 years. We moved to California and lived in San Francisco and the Bay Area for 4 years. Tired of sitting on the sidelines, I began volunteering for the Barack Obama campaign in March of 2007 and was eventually hired as a Field Organizer. Through the Obama campaign, I found my calling and moved back to Ohio to continue organizing. In 2009 I helped the field operations of the Keith Wilkowski for Mayor of Toledo race. After that, I was hired as a Regional Field Director for 15 northwestern and north central Ohio counties for the 2010 Democratic Coordinated Campaign. Jen and I are continuing to volunteer as we wait for the next organizing opportunity to present itself.