Friday, November 16, 2007

Obama: Change We Can Believe In

On Wednesday, November 14th, my wife and I served as Volunteer Captains for Barack Obama's appearance in San Francisco. Despite dealing with some headaches caused by the secret service's odd arrangements for seating the crowd, it was an amazing experience. The speech he gave was very similar to the one he delivered in Iowa at the Jefferson-Jackson dinner. This is a wonderful speech that outlines his priorities and demonstrates how he has the best positions on the issues, while highlighting his energy, optimism and genuine sincerity. This speech is a great introduction to the man and the issues he stands for. It was wonderful to have been a small part of this event.

Obama in San Francisco - Part 1




Obama in San Francisco - Part 2




Obama in San Francisco - Part 3




Several excellent speeches were given before Senator Obama entered the auditorium. This was one by Molly Kawahata. (If you look very closely, you can see me for about 1 second, walking from left to right in the foreground as I check up on my volunteers.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a fantastic experience this must have been for you. How exciting. I just hope that Obama will be the nominee! Although he has not had as much experience in Washington as some of the others, including Hilary, I feel that puts him in the plus column even more! Let us know if he visits again. We will watch your blog for updates. LSTK

Matt said...

It was a great experience. These videos can't capture the level of excitement that people had seeing him. It was amazing. - Matt

About Me

My photo
Lima, Ohio, United States
I was born and raised in Ohio. I am a lifelong Catholic Christian who has always been interested in the big questions of life. I have a passion for learning especially Philosophy, Science, Religion, History and Culture. I graduated from the University of Toledo in 2001 with a B.A. in International Relations. I married my soul-mate, Jen in 2001 and we moved to rural Tanigumi-mura Japan where we taught English for 3 years. We moved to California and lived in San Francisco and the Bay Area for 4 years. Tired of sitting on the sidelines, I began volunteering for the Barack Obama campaign in March of 2007 and was eventually hired as a Field Organizer. Through the Obama campaign, I found my calling and moved back to Ohio to continue organizing. In 2009 I helped the field operations of the Keith Wilkowski for Mayor of Toledo race. After that, I was hired as a Regional Field Director for 15 northwestern and north central Ohio counties for the 2010 Democratic Coordinated Campaign. Jen and I are continuing to volunteer as we wait for the next organizing opportunity to present itself.