Friday, October 19, 2007

Quintin Mecke for Mayor of San Francisco!

It seems a forgone conclusion that Gavin Newsom will be reelected mayor in November. I originally supported him when I moved to the City. But I have been increasingly disheartened by his lack of leadership in several areas. But recently, Newsom endorsed the hawkish, chameleon-like Hillary Clinton for President. That was enough. After that, he had definitely lost my vote. So, I started to see if there was anyone running whom I could support. It is difficult because Newsom has had no real opposition in this election cycle. But I did find someone who is starting to get the attention of several groups in the city - Quintin Mecke. I have read up on his stands on various issues and must say his positions are much more in keeping with the spirit of San Francisco. His stands on crime, homelessness, and transportation are better than those of our current mayor. I fully support Mecke for mayor and hope that San Franciscans take the time to learn more about him before they vote.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad I told you about Q, I really think he is the best choice for Mayor as well. He (like Obama) get's it. He can see the problems in a broader sense and how they relate.

-Jen

About Me

My photo
Lima, Ohio, United States
I was born and raised in Ohio. I am a lifelong Catholic Christian who has always been interested in the big questions of life. I have a passion for learning especially Philosophy, Science, Religion, History and Culture. I graduated from the University of Toledo in 2001 with a B.A. in International Relations. I married my soul-mate, Jen in 2001 and we moved to rural Tanigumi-mura Japan where we taught English for 3 years. We moved to California and lived in San Francisco and the Bay Area for 4 years. Tired of sitting on the sidelines, I began volunteering for the Barack Obama campaign in March of 2007 and was eventually hired as a Field Organizer. Through the Obama campaign, I found my calling and moved back to Ohio to continue organizing. In 2009 I helped the field operations of the Keith Wilkowski for Mayor of Toledo race. After that, I was hired as a Regional Field Director for 15 northwestern and north central Ohio counties for the 2010 Democratic Coordinated Campaign. Jen and I are continuing to volunteer as we wait for the next organizing opportunity to present itself.