Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Obama Needs to Draw Sharp Distinctions With Clinton

In the latest MSNBC Democratic primary presidential debate, most of the candidates attacked Hillary Clinton to some degree. But Barrack Obama seemed to be content to let the other candidates attack Clinton, while he either stressed more of a more positive message or saved his attacks for the disastrous Bush administration's policies. Normally, I would applaud such an approach, but I fear that he is not showing the public enough of the differences that he has with Clinton. While I dislike negative politics, I think its time to draw that contrast sharply. I do not want Clinton to be the Democratic candidate in 2008. If Clinton were elected, things would be better than under Bush - but that is not saying much. That would be true for just about anyone . I fear that Clinton would be "Bush Lite", thanks to he aggressive hawkishness and willingness to give ground to a GOP unwilling to budge in their convictions. I hope that Obama can show the voters an honest and truthful distinction that can show why he would make an excellent President. The facts are in his favor. His positions are more in tune with the Democratic party as a whole and the American public in general. After what will then unfortunately be 8 years of near hell, the U.S. (and the world) will need Barack Obama. I wish him the best of luck, pledge my support and will do all that I am able to do to convince others that he will make an extraordinary President.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Lima, Ohio, United States
I was born and raised in Ohio. I am a lifelong Catholic Christian who has always been interested in the big questions of life. I have a passion for learning especially Philosophy, Science, Religion, History and Culture. I graduated from the University of Toledo in 2001 with a B.A. in International Relations. I married my soul-mate, Jen in 2001 and we moved to rural Tanigumi-mura Japan where we taught English for 3 years. We moved to California and lived in San Francisco and the Bay Area for 4 years. Tired of sitting on the sidelines, I began volunteering for the Barack Obama campaign in March of 2007 and was eventually hired as a Field Organizer. Through the Obama campaign, I found my calling and moved back to Ohio to continue organizing. In 2009 I helped the field operations of the Keith Wilkowski for Mayor of Toledo race. After that, I was hired as a Regional Field Director for 15 northwestern and north central Ohio counties for the 2010 Democratic Coordinated Campaign. Jen and I are continuing to volunteer as we wait for the next organizing opportunity to present itself.